Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer


Here is their myspace page. Out of sheer respect, I'm not actually going to post any music by this band. I just got a 12" record by them in the post, though. White vinyl, and the sleeve looks like what I'm posting here. I think they are actually a duo. They are from Seattle, and I'm damn proud of that. This is without a doubt, the most TERRIFYING music I've ever heard. Forget Throbbing Gristle, forget Suicide, forget any industrial music you care to name, or even Killing Joke. This is apocalyptic music for a holocaust with some (Biblical) Revelations on the side...

The irony is it took some guy from Scotland to introduce me to them! :)

The people who make this music are absolutely KRAZY in the best way possible. This is Haunted House music in the extreme, with a lot of ghosts attached. I think it's fantastic and I can't think of a single thing to compare it to. These people are so tuned into THE GOTH that they are literally ON THE OTHER SIDE OF IT. Very scary 3 AM music. Play at your own risk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, i just discovered your great blog, there are lots of bands that i've never heard of..i guess i have a lot of catch up to do..looking forward to listen to them!
many thanks in advance! :-)